Securing your foreign VAT refund - Our Aim
Our aim is to maximise your international or EU VAT refund while minimising the hassle to you.
Before we start
You will be provided with a free, frank assessment of your businesses' foreign VAT recovery potential on a country by country basis.
We will then quote you a fee depending on the number of invoices, the tax jurisdictions and the overall volume of the reclaim. All our fees are a % of the successful recovery, payable only once you have been reimbursed by the relevant tax authority.
The application process
Once you decide to commit to our refund service, we can begin preparing your claim. We will need some details from you regarding your previous UK VAT returns and copies or scans of the invoices you submit. The services we perform are:
After the VAT Refund request has been submitted
- Assess each invoice for VAT compliance in the relevant country;
- Negotiate the reissuing of invoices with suppliers where significant, non-compliant invoices are identified;
- Prepare and submit the claim.
While the new VAT processes allow the initial application to be submitted in English, all further correspondence will be in the local language for the majority of tax jurisdictions. We will process this correspondence and prepare responses where appropriate.
You will receive regular updates from us with information on:
- Any correspondence we have received from and responded to the international tax authorities;
- The results of our regular phone calls to the tax authorities to check on the status of your claim and identify any issues;
- Any indications of when the claim will be paid.
We aim to keep our customers as up to date as possible.
Post-recovery customer care
Once we have received your refund, we will remit your funds to you promptly. You will also receive a report detailing the amounts received from the tax authorities, explanations of any rejected invoices and a calculation of our fees.
Any areas of improvement which may increase the level of EU refund potential in future applications will be communicated to you during the process.