How ITR maximise your foreign VAT refunds
Reclaiming foreign VAT is complex time consuming task and companies find it difficult to keep abreast of continuous changes in relation to local tax, legal and administrative requirements.
As a specialised services provider, ITR understands such difficulties and assists clients in realising important cost saving benefits in an increasingly globalised economy. With European VAT rates often exceeding 20%, the savings can be substantial.
Why not just do it yourself?
Our sole focus is VAT recovery in the EU and further afield which means we know how to get it right, leaving your staff to get on with supporting your business. The services we offer to maximise your refund are:
- Assessment of each invoice before submission to ensure it complies with the VAT requirements of the relevant country;
- Negotiation with suppliers to reissue significant invoices where these invoices are not VAT compliant;
- Arrangement of clearances of exceptions with tax authorities (for instance if you operate under a trading name or your invoices are made out to a different address than your VAT 66 form);
- Responses to all paperwork from European VAT authorities which is nearly always issued in the local language;
- Instigation of appeals where invoices have been incorrectly rejected;
- Regular correspondence with relevant EU and non-EU authorities to highlight any issues with the claim and obtain updates.